Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Retreat



Lindsay and I just got back from Montrose, PA where we had our 08 Fall Retreat with the Cornell Navigator students. Oct 24-25th. More photos here.

The theme of the weekend was 'Connections'. We were desiring for students to see the interwoven tapestry that is the Holy Bible, that the New & Old Testaments are not separate, but perfectly integrated in Jesus Christ. Doug shared about New Testament & Old Testament 'Connections' Friday night from Matthew 1:1. Then we had a bonfire.

Saturday we did a Lectio Divina exercise in John 10 & Ezekiel 34, connecting Old & New Testaments. Then after some afternoon free time, we met together for our final meeting at which I (Matt) shared some Biblical & historical connections to classic & contemporary worship music. The photo above is our group of about 30 or so students taking some time to reflect after our 'Worship Connections' time Saturday night.

Both Jeff & Tim came on the retreat as well as other freshmen men & women! Thank you so much for your faithful prayers for them. I can see that they are becoming more connected with the other students involved in the Cornell Navs. I look forward to seeing how the Lord works in and through them here at Cornell!

No comments: